In the sixteenth season of CBS’/Paramount’s long-running criminal investigation series NCIS, the likes of Mark Harmon, Sean Murray, and Rocky Carroll continue to lead the way as Gibbs, McGee, and NCIS Director Leon Vance. Of course, more recently, they’ve been joined by Nick Torres (Wilmer Valderamma), Ellie Bishop (Emily Wickersham), Dr. Jack Sloane (Maria Bello), and forensic scientist Kaisie Hines (Diona Reasonover). And while there’s a surprising fan favorite cameo that will raise some eyebrows, NCIS runs along like your favorite pair of slippers or that refreshing post-dinner beverage of choice.
Some storylines of note this season:
- Vance’s abduction, recovery, and complications involving a conspiracy;
- another conspiracy involving a Marine apparently killed in Vietnam serving his country;
- Bishop gets involved in the case of a favorite NCIS character from the past. It’s too good to spoil if you’ve been waiting to watch on DVD for the first time.
- We see more about McGee’s adolescence as a hacker;
- Several of the leading characters experience mental breakdowns, visions, and stress that allow the audience into their head space unlike any cases prior.